Home » Sic Bo: Rules and Regulations
Sic Bo is an uneven dice-based game of chance. It is very fascinating because of its fast-paced and unpredictable nature, and it appeals to all casino fans. Sic Bo literally translates to “precious dice,” and it is also known as “Tai Sai,” “Dai Siu,” “Big and Small,” and “Hi-Lo.” A dice rolling machine typically carries three dice, with the results of the roll determining profits and losses.
While the game might look confusing and complex due to its huge table structure, the game is quite easy if you know the rules and gameplays. This article is solely for the purpose of any sic bo aspirants and enthusiasts who seek to know about sic bo. So let’s get right on to it.
The objective of the game
The objective of Sic bo is to predict the outcome of the dice rolled. All you have to do is deposit your chips on the table’s bet box. The dice are rolled, and if the outcome matches your stake, you win.
First, you are to bet on the betting options available on the table. A dice rolling machine holds three dice and after the outcome of the roll such as the total of the three dice. For example:- the odd or even nature of the total of the three dice or the likelihood of a single number appearing after the roll or the likelihood of two specific numbers appearing, or the probability of a specific combination of numbers appearing after the roll are all options for the players.
Sic bo focuses on a table that offers several dice combinations on which players can stake. It is vital to remember that the table arrangement may change from location to location, but the goal stays the same: participants can gamble on the possible dice combinations shown on the table. Each combination has a specific likelihood of being rolled, and players must utilize this information to make informed selections when placing their bets.
Sic bo, often known as hi-lo, provides both high and low bets, as the name implies. Players can gamble on as many combinations as they choose, just as in craps. Small bets, in which the sum of the dice falls between 4 and 10, and huge bets, in which the sum of the dice falls between 11 and 17. When playing sic bo, you can place the following bets:
- Big – The dice total falls between 11 and 17. As previously said, this is one of the most common bets in sic bo. This bet eliminates any three of a type, such as three 1s, three 2s, and so on. This bet has a 48.6 percent chance of winning and pays out at a 1:1 ratio.
- Small – The total of the dice is between 4 and 10. This bet, like the huge, eliminates triples and has a 48.6 percent chance of winning with a 1:1 payoff.
- Odd – This dice total will be an odd number. This bet likewise eliminates triples and pays out at a 1:1 ratio. The odd bet has a 48.6 percent chance of winning.
- Even – The sum of the dice, excluding triples, will be an even number. This bet pays out at 1:1 and has a 48.6 percent probability of winning.
- Specific Triples or Alls — when a certain number occurs on all three dice. This wager has a 0.46 percent probability of winning and pays off between 150:1 and 215:1, depending on the games and their varients you play.
- Specific Doubles – At least two of the three dice have the same number on them. This wager has a 7.41 percent probability of winning and pays off between 8:1 and 11:1, depending on the games and their varients you play.
- Any Triple – If all three dice land on the same number, this bet wins. This bet has a 2.8 percent probability of winning and typically pays out at a 30:1 ratio.
- Three Dice Total – This bet is essentially a combination of many separate bets dependent on the sum of the dice. These bets are frequently shown on the table as a range of numbers, such as 4 or 17. When placing this bet you are expecting the dice to equal a sum that falls between that ranges. The odds and payout for this bet vary based on the range you are betting on, and different tables offer different ranges.
- Dice Combinations – This bet pays off if two dice display a certain combination of two numbers, such as a 2 and a 5. This wager has a 13.9 percent chance of winning and pays 6:1.
- A single dice bet is put on a certain number from 1-6 to occur on one, two, or all three dice. Betting on a number to occur once has a 34.72 percent chance of winning, twice has a 6.94 percent chance, and three times has a 0.46 percent chance of winning. These bets payout at 1:1, 2:2, and 3:3 odds, respectively.
- Four-Number Combination — This bet allows players to wager on any of the four number combinations listed below: 6, 5, 4, 3; 6, 5, 3, 2; or 4, 3, 2, 1. To win, three of the four numbers on the three dice must match. This wager has an 11.1 percent chance of winning and a 7:1 payout.
- Three Single Number Combination — the dice will reveal a three-number combination. This wager has a 2.8 percent probability of winning and pays out at a 30:1 ratio.
- Specific Double and Single Number Combination — this is another three-number combination, but instead of three separate numbers, it comprises two of a type and a different third number, such as 1-1-3. This wager has a 1.4 percent chance of winning and a payout of 50:1 or 60:1, depending on where you play.
As usual, it is critical that you understand the game which includes the rules and regulations, gameplay, and the betting possibilities accessible before playing. Although, these might sound simple on the surface deep beneath there is a large iceberg that might sink you if you do not know about it.
Check out more about Sic bo on our blog.
Play Online poker real money India and online poker India on the number 1 online casino in India. Play Andar Bahar, Baccarat and much more. If you want to know more about Poker and other guides, check out our poker articles such as 10 Poker Etiquettes That You Must Know, 5 Tips to Think Like a Smart Poker Player, and Why You Should Definitely Play Poker?